Skarlett Riot - Regenerate Review



Concise Summary:

Skarlett Riot released their first album, Tear Me Down, in 2013, but they just released their second album, Regenerate, on October 26th, 2017. That's a long time between albums, but I have to say, the people who waited for this album were definitely rewarded! I really love Regenerate. Skarlett Riot took a very interesting and unique approach to this album, in my opinion. It almost sounds like the instrumentals came straight off a Bullet For My Valentine album, and the clean vocals really contrast with that sound. It's an awesome combination, and I really think this band is going places! Also, I have to say the drums on this album are ON POINT!!!

My Rating: 9 out of 10


Highlights:
  • Awesome guitar riffs, solos, and overall tone
  • Great singing
  • Unique overall songwriting
  • Pretty good lyrics
  • Very good drumming (the bass kick sounds wicked!)
  • Some really cool piano parts
Lowlights:
  •  I would have liked to hear some more musical diversity than was on the album. Maybe a clean, slower song. But overall, this album is hard to find fault with.
Favorite Songs:
  • Closer
  • Affliction
  • Stand Alone
  • The Storm 
More Info:


Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on when new reviews drop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review