Like Moths to Flames - Dark Divine Review



Concise Summary:

Well, here's another band that I haven't listened to very much. I've heard of Like Moths to Flames, but haven't explored their music very much. As such, I can't really say if this album is better, worse, or the same as their previous albums. However, what I can say is that I was pretty indifferent to Dark Divine. The first thing that really stood out to me is how little bass is in the mix on the album. I'm not sure if that's the new sound for metalcore, because Phinehas seems to be doing a similar mix on their new album Dark Flag (which I'm definitely going to review on this site). That mix sounded really weird at first, but I got used to it after awhile, and I would say it's definitely not a bad sound. As for the actual music on Dark Divine, I would say I was unimpressed. It definitely wasn't bad, and there are a few spots where it's really good, but I was left feeling like I just ate a piece of bread with nothing on it. It's not bad, but it's not really that good either. Overall, Dark Divine displays a lot of really basic and unumpressive metalcore, so I give this album a big, fat MEH. 

My Rating: 6 out of 10


Highlights:
  • A few nice breakdowns
  • Some decent riffs
  • Some nice vocal parts and a few instances of deep lyrical content
Lowlights:
  • Most of the album sounds pretty unimpressive musically
  • A lot of unnecessary profanity
  • Just really not much unique. Almost everything on the album sounds like you've heard it before. 
Favorite Song:
  • Instinctive Intuition 
More Info:




Disclaimer: The views expressed in this review are solely those of the author of this article and serve only to convey his opinion of the album in question, not to harm the band. 

Comments

  1. Please follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on when new reviews drop! Thanks for all the support recently!!! Please feel free to leave some comments, maybe suggest albums? I'm always looking for music to review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BPMetalReviews/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review