Trivium - The Sin and the Sentence Review



Concise Summary:

For being such a popular band, Trivium sure didn't put out a mainstream record with The Sin and the Sentence, and I love it! The shortest song on the album is 3:38, and most of the songs clock in above 5 minutes, which was refreshing to see since a lot of popular bands go with the magic radio-friendly 3-4 minute range for all of their songs. I love the sound on this album. The screams are on-point and the cleans are sung in a lower register than a lot of popular music (including popular metal music) these days. The guitars sound very good on the album, and there are quite a few sick riffs and harmonies. What really stood out to me on The Sin and the Sentence, however, was that bass! It has a very dirty, unprocessed sound and boy does it ever hit hard on the low end. Also, the bass drum kicks on this album seemed especially good; I don't usually notice things about the drum track much, but that stood out to me for some reason. Overall and awesome effort from Trivium. I'll be listening to more of their stuff in the future!

My Rating: 9 out of 10


Highlights:
  • That BASS!!!!
  • Awesome, unique singing
  • Generally very good songwriting
  • Very good drumming
  • Aggressive guitar tracks
  • All-natural sound without electronic synths!!! (Very good mixing too)
Lowlights:
  • Songs 3-6 on the album are a bit boring and seem to lack direction on the album. After that and before that though, I loved what I heard. 

  • Again, mainly in songs 3-6 There was more repetition than I cared for in both the lyrics and songwriting. The 5-minute + songs in that section seemed like a stretch at times, but the monotony was often broken up by some awesome interludes (especially bass interludes) which made the repetition definitely bearable, but not always enjoyable. 
Favorite Songs:
  • Beyond Oblivion 
  • Endless Night
  • Sever The Hand
  • Thrown Into The Fire (This is probably the most brutal song on the album, I'm honestly not sure why it was the last track rather than the first.)
More Info:






Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on the latest reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review