Metalite - Heroes in Time Review

Concise Summary:

Metalite is a brand new band and Heroes in Time is their first full-length album, which is quite good in my opinion! Metalite has a metal/pop sound, which is very fun to listen to - it's kind of refreshing to have a more cheerful sound in metal once in a while. By now, those of you who have been in the metal scene for awhile might be thinking Metalite is an Amaranthe tribute band. Unfortunately, I wouldn't completely disagree. There are a few differences between the two bands such as Metalite not having any screamed vocals or male vocals and Metalite's songwriting being more synth driven than guitar driven, where Amaranthe often has more guitar and drum driven songs. That being said, I think Metalite is putting themselves dangerously close to Amaranthe; they need to work on making their own sound. Overall, I really like Metalite's potential and Heroes in Time is a great album; I can't wait to see what the band will turn into once they mature a bit and start really creating their own unique sound!

My Rating: 8 out of 10


Highlights:
  • Very enjoyable sound
  • Great singing
  • Good instrumentation
  • Interesting lyrics
  • Overall very good album
Lowlights:
  • My only problem with this album is that it doesn't seem as unique as it could be. This is a killer debut album, and with some time and experience as a band, I really hope Metalite starts making more of their own unique sound. There is definitely some of that on this album, but I would really have liked to see more.  
  • The Instrumentation on Heroes in Time (the song on the album) was too close close to several songs by Amaranthe, including Drop Dead Cynical. Honestly if it hadn't been for that song I would have rated this album higher. 

Favorite Songs:
  • Afterlife
  • Nightmare
  • Black Horse Rider 
More Info:


Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on the latest reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review