Dvwkins - Blinding Sights EP Review

Concise Summary: 

Dvwkins is a very new band, and Blinding Sights is their first EP! I have to say, they're very promising. They are decently unique in their sound, but their level of musicianship as a band is what I found most impressive. Blinding Sights is a killer EP. The combination of female clean vocals and male screamed vocals is done very well. Sometimes when bands try to do a vocal combination like that, they overlap the clean lead with screaming in the background, which really doesn't sound that great. However, Dvwkins adopted the strategy of having very limited overlapping cleans and screams, deciding instead to separate the two vocal styles for much of the EP, which was a very professional move in my opinion. Overall, a great EP, and I can't wait to hear more from Dvwkins in the (hopefully) near future! 

My Rating: 9 out of 10


Highlights:

  • Very well-done vocals
  • Great instrumentation
  • Awesome straight-up metalcore sound
  • Great mixing and processing
Lowlights:

  • Some of the songwriting is a bit cliché

Favorite Songs:

All four songs on Blinding Sights are in my Spotify Library now, so basically just listen to the whole EP. (Gotta say though, of the four songs I think The King Is Dead might be my favorite). 

More Info:




Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on the latest reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review