Burning Point - The Blaze Review



Concise Summary:

Well, I haven't really listened to Burning Point much before this album, but I knew they existed mainly because of the singer, Nitte Valo, who formerly sang for Battle Beast. I decided to listen to The Blaze because of this new song (which was so good that I almost did a song review on it; can't wait to hear more) from Nitte's new project or maybe side project Seraphiel. The Blaze is the last full-length album that Nitte sang on, and I was curious to check it out. It's... interesting. As I would have expected, the vocals were superb, but I'm not sure how to feel about the instrumentals. It almost seems like Blazing Point was trying to replicate an 80s or 90s hair metal sound, especially because the overall mix on the album sounded kind of muffled and lacked the clarity of a lot of modern recordings. However, the riffs and songwriting diversity weren't very impressive. I respect this album because I'm pretty sure I understand the sound the band was going for, and it's kind of fun to listen to actually, but some more spicy solos and less verse/chorus repetition would have been nice. 

My Rating: 7 out of 10 


Highlights:
  • Unbelievably good vocals (like holy cow Nitte is one of my favorite vocalists hands down)
  • Interesting/fun 80s/90s throwback sound 
Lowlights:
  • Lack of diversity in songwriting
  • Several very repetitive songs
  • Overall kind of unimpressive guitar work
Favorite Songs:
  • The Lie
  • Metal Queen (The scream at the beginning of this song is so epic I literally jumped in my chair) 
More Info:





Disclaimer: The views expressed in this review are expressly those of the author of this article and serve only to convey his opinion of the album in question, not to harm the band. 

Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on the latest reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review