Signum Regis - Decennium Primum Review



Concise Summary:

When I heard Signum Regis's Through the Storm EP back in 2015, I was really looking forward to their album that came soon afterward: Chapter IV: The Reckoning. However, I was sorely disappointed, as it was missing everything I liked about the EP. With their new album, however, the fire of Signum Regis has returned! Decennium Primum is a major step in the right direction. Although a bit slow in parts, this album shines far brighter than The Reckoning.

Objective Rating:


My Rating: 7

Decennium Primum is definitely a solid album, but I think that Signum Regis still has room to improve. The songwriting, while good, could be better, and the album could also use a bit more diversity (e.g. more clean guitars and/or complex rhythm patterns). 


Highlights:

  • Blistering solos
  • Catchy and decently technical songwriting
  • Great singing
  • Clean lyrics

Lowlights:

  • Some parts of the album seems rather dull
  • Rhythm guitar could be more technical

Favorite Songs:






Comments

  1. Follow me on Twitter @BPMetalReviews to stay updated on the latest reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unguided - And The Battle Royale Review

Red - Gone Review

Hulkoff - KVEN Review